[TowerTalk] Grounding AN Wireless Towers

David Gilbert xdavid at cis-broadband.com
Sun Mar 3 14:57:27 EST 2013

I have an AN Wireless HD-70 tower and used two different methods to
attach ground wires.  One method used a wire-to-flat-plate Cadweld mold
that I bought on eBay, but I only used that for the base inside the
foundation because I worried that the heat from the Cadweld might anneal
the steel (probably an unfounded fear, but ...).

The other method used half of a galvanized wire-to-pipe ground connector
(the half with the included wire lug) that can be bought at Home Depot.
Just drill two small holes through the tower leg for screws to attach
the clamp ... the holes won't degrade the tower strength and with two
holes there won't be any loosening due to twisting.  I can send a
picture to anyone who wants to see what it looks like.

The latter is obviously the easier route.

73,
Dave   AB7E

http://ab7e.com/AB7E_Tower_Page_5.html