[TowerTalk] 2.4 GHz/HF interference concerns

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Thu Mar 7 17:05:59 EST 2013

On 3/7/2013 12:20 PM, David Robbins wrote:
> assuming the 2.4ghz equipment is properly protected against any hf that may get picked up on it's antenna, or more likely the cables

Yes, the issue would be pickup on the feedline. The mechanism would be
conversion of common mode current to a differential voltage on the coax
due to a poor quality shield on the 2.4 GHz feedline. Like Dave, I would
not expect a problem if you're using decent coax on that antenna (and
you won't have much 2.4 GHz signal if you don't).

73, Jim K9YC