[TowerTalk] us tower hdx-689 sheave replacement

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Thu Mar 14 12:24:08 EDT 2013

On 3/13/2013 7:30 PM, Rich Hallman - N7TR wrote:
> Im removing all the bearings and inspecting and cleaning, as I replace the cables.  Thanks...Rich

In the eternal debate about how often to replace cables, I
have realized that an major additional reason to do it
sooner rather than later is because it is your only good
opportunity to do pulley maintenance.  I am more worried
about pulleys causing cables to break than I am about
cables breaking by their own fault.

Rick N6RK