[TowerTalk] InnovAntennas contact info

David Gilbert xdavid at cis-broadband.com
Wed Mar 20 13:01:01 EDT 2013

Some of you folks are confusing elements bent in a vertical plane with
elements bent in a horizontal plane.   They are not the same.

Besides, the InnovAntennas claim that the rectangular loop elements give
lower noise, GREATER front-to-side, and "considerably" more gain than
conventional elements.  Lower noise comes ONLY from a tighter pattern,
loop elements don't actually give greater gain unless they are open
enough (i.e., close to square) to act like stacked elements, and I'd be
surprised if anyone would even notice the effect of a side notch greater
than the 50 db or so that I've measured on my conventional four element
yagis.

It may indeed be, as the InnovAntenna web site claims, the use of loop
elements provides additional degrees of freedom to optimize spacing and
tuning of a yagi antenna, but I sincerely doubt that the result is as
significant as they claim ... and without them bothering to back up any
of their claims with data (modeled or measured ... I don't care) I will
persist in that disbelief.

73,
Dave   AB7E