[TowerTalk] LMR degradation

K8RI K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Wed Mar 27 11:20:25 EDT 2013

On 3/27/2013 10:06 AM, Patrick Greenlee wrote:

A large multi turn loop of LMR400  Or a conventional rotator loop of
Davis BuryFlex(TM) works just fine and the jackets are plenty rugged
You do sane two connectors... actually, a splice takes 6 two male and a
double female on each end

You can put a female connector on each end of the rotator loop and save
two connectors. They are available for UHF and N connectors.

Putting a snug piece of the corrugated plastic tube over the coax, but
I'm a firm believer in keeping it simple. You don't want anything that
might catch on something.

73

Roger (K8RI)