[TowerTalk] Grounding of tower

Patrick Greenlee patrick_g at windstream.net
Tue May 7 12:27:33 EDT 2013

I only mentioned the information on the box for the ground rod connectors at
Lowe's for a data point. I in no way would ever personally trust that sort
of a connection underground. I'm not too fond of them above ground or in a
PVC protective position.

I do like stainless steel tabs welded to or near the end of the ground rod
to take a stainless steel through bolt to secure a HD ring terminal soldered
not crimped to the ground wire/ braid or...

I will be brushing up on welding of copper to copper as for me it would be
so very much more cost effective than the Cadweld approach.

Patrick AF5CK