[TowerTalk] 3" Mast

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Wed May 8 07:35:13 EDT 2013

I am looking to purchase a 3" diameter mast, preferably chrome moly. I
purchased a 2 7/8 CM mast years ago from K5RC however he no longer sells
them. This has worked well for me except 3" diameter would have been a
better fit for my rotator and antenna clamps. Since I do not see anyone
selling 3" masts, I guess I will have to purchase the material and
galvanize it. What are the specs that I should look for when ordering
chrome moly tubing. 1020 DOM may also be an option. Are there any
recommended suppliers for either of these materials?

John KK9A