[TowerTalk] Attaching "flex" cable to crank-up standoffs

K8RI K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Tue May 14 09:52:29 EDT 2013

On 5/14/2013 8:09 AM, Marv Shelton wrote:
> So, what do you think is best? RG-213???
> I think getting 5 years out of low loss coax is acceptable. I can help force at least that interval of mainten ance on one's amtennas.

I purchased a 500 foot roll of Davis BuryFlex(TM)
Although not quite as quite flexible as the LMR Ultra Flex, it is still
quite flexible and has a very rugged and slippery jacket.

I also have about 500 feet of LMR-600UF for UHF and VHF where I was
willing to settle for the shorter life.  I also use regular LMR-600 for
feed lines that do not require the greater flexibility and on 160 for
lower IR losses although it probably doesn't make much difference.

73

Roger  (K8RI).