[TowerTalk] Coax Seal yea or nay?

Larry Loen lwloen at gmail.com
Sun May 19 14:03:57 EDT 2013

Rescue Tape is recommended here in Arizona, but I have so far had trouble
getting it to seal as well.

It self-seals very nicely.  The problem is sealing to (e.g.) the coax
itself or whatever other surface is of interest.  Also difficult IME is the
very top of the connector.

I still use coax seal (albeit sparingly) in some situations.  For instance,
a small coating of it just outside of my junction box so that there's no
leak through the coax cable and grommet that goes into the box (in this
case, the cable does not enter from the bottom).

Larry Wo0Z