[TowerTalk] Murphy rides again

Tom Horton k5iid at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 19 14:47:11 EDT 2013

I hope this is appropriate here...if not I apologize

Just days to go before one of my favorite contests and my Yaesu G-800SDX rotator control box decided to say..."Oh no you don't"
The 2 amp fuse blows instantly (as it should when there is a problem) when the power is applied. It does it with the rotor cable removed so it appears to be in the box.
Does anyone have any experience repairing these devices. My eyesight no longer allows me to work on such small stuff.
My options are
1. Get this one repaired in less than a week.
2. Find a loaner until this one can be repaired
3. Find someone that can climb up and replace my Yaesu with my HD-73 spare.
4. Buy a G-800SDX control box at a very cheap price.
ORRRRRRRRRRR
5. Operate the entire contest with the antenna pointed to EU...yeah i know it could be pointed to the South Pacific.

Any help out there any where?
Tom K5IID
Hillsboro Texas

There is no joy in Mudville!