[TowerTalk] Crank Up Tower Identification Help Needed

K0DAN k0dan at comcast.net
Mon May 20 20:47:34 EDT 2013

I could be wrong, but I do not think that is a TriEx...I have a 1970's
vintage TriEx LM470 and the tower you show in your pictures is quite
different. Granted, it could be a lot older than my 70's vintage, but it
doesn't look the same and TriEx from 70's going forward (even to Tash) the
differences are very visually subtle.

I can't say that tower is a US Tower either, I'm not familiar with them.

The fact that it's mounted on a flat plate is curious, suggests it's a guyed
tower requiring a small pad, and not self-supporting, which at 80+ feet,
would require a massive foundation. However earlier owners may have kludged
the install, so you really don't know.

But you have a big brute of a tower, and good luck getting up and running!
Another time to be close buddies with a M.E. tower engineer!

GL es 73
dan
k0dan