[TowerTalk] A quest about Gin Poles

Patrick Greenlee patrick_g at windstream.net
Thu May 30 18:01:21 EDT 2013

Don, My specific application was an "A" frame (two gin poles) and my
friend's concern was letting either leg get "out of column", a malady most
observed near the center of the poles.  I welded my poll extensions onto
both ends of the two legs and am living happily ever after.  The triangular
tower this was for is 14 feet (not inches) from leg to leg at ground level.
It is 4 1/2 inch OD steel tube legs in 20 ft sections with 1/4 inch wall
thickness.  Two legs are hinged for tilt over. This tower was 100 ft tall
with no guys.

Patrick AF5CK