[TowerTalk] FW: Base Anchor Bolts

Mike Fahmie wa6zty at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 3 14:43:39 EST 2013

Thanks for all of the feedback on my anchor question.

My HDX-572 was manufactured around 2001 but never erected.  I bought it from an SK's estate without doc's.  Evidently this was before their anchor design became more conservative since the 6 provided anchor bolts are type C (welded nut, no washer/plate).  The SAR that UST sent me (dated Aug 2009) was also calculated with just a welded nut.  My bolts are 1"x27" for about 21" of embedment.

The added surface area of the nut (nut minus bolt)  calculates out to about 1.16" sq., that doesn't seem all that substantial. A 2"x2" 1/2" thick plate welded to the existing nut would almost quadruple that. I think that will be my plan.

-Mike-
WA6ZTY