[TowerTalk] UHF right angle connectors

Roger (K8RI) on TT K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Wed Nov 6 02:04:09 EST 2013

On 11/5/2013 9:56 PM, john at kk9a.com wrote:
> I have never seen Amphenol right angle UHF connectors, however I do have
> several male - female right angle UHF adaptors.  The part number is 83-1AP
> (UG-646/U). I have only used them occasionally but I have had no issues with
> them.

I'm not sure what you mean right angle connectors and then refer to the
male/female right angle as adapters.  The right angle connector is a
male/female connector so what you call an adapter and right angle
coupling are the same thing.  The only couplings I've ever seen that
were the same gender on both ends were straight.
I have a couple, very old, silver plated ,right angle, UHF connectors.
Imprinted is Amphenol Chicago on one side and the part # on the female
end.  Try as I might, I'm unable to read the part #, or even part of
it.  Perhaps with some fine emery cloth to polish the high spots and a
magnifying glass I "might" be able to decipher them. I opened the desk
drawer and there was one, right up front.

These are old. I'd have to guess they come from when I was in
Breckenridge and I was there from 67 through 80.  So they are a minimum
of 33 years, but I'd guess it's more like 40 years old.

73

Roger (K8RI)