[TowerTalk] Cadweld One Shot Source

Roger (K8RI) on TT K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Wed Nov 6 05:34:02 EST 2013

On 11/6/2013 2:48 AM, Ray Benny wrote:
> I used an acetylene torch to ignite my one shot plus Cadwell charges. It
> worked fine. It took about 3 - 4 seconds to ignite each one.
>
> Propane and Map-gas were not hot enough.

They should be if you have the fine grained igniter charge on top. It's
easily ignited while the more coarse welding charge is not.  I had
several "Old" charges.  The igniter charge had dropped out of the base
of the container and poure in with the welding charges. Those, I used
the OxyAcetylene torch with a #1 tip although any of the smaller tips
will word as long as the flow isn't high enough to blow the charge out
of the cup.

73

Roger (K8RI)

> Ray,
> N6VR
>

> On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 3:27 PM, Roger (K8RI) on TT <K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
>> wrote:
>> On 11/5/2013 4:39 PM, Les Kalmus wrote:
>>
>>> Try this:
>>>
>>> https://www.platt.com/platt-electric-supply/Electrical-
>>> Connectors-Electrical-Termination/Welding-Cable-Connectors/search.aspx?