[TowerTalk] UHF right angle connectors

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Wed Nov 6 20:53:49 EST 2013

On 11/6/2013 5:32 PM, Mark Robinson wrote:
> I have used quite a few of the Amphenol 182134 and had no problems at
> high power levels

The guy who posted the warning about right angle connectors failed to
say that it applies to cheap, no-name connectors, not Amphenol. The
cheap junk IS made with tiny springs -- I learned the hard way. Amphenol
connectors are well made.

Most of us have an iron-clad rule about coax connectors -- if it doesn't
say Amphenol, and if it's not vintage MIL-spec stuff, it's probably junk
and should be avoided.

73, Jim K9YC