[TowerTalk] FW: [Amps] UHF Connectors

Matt km5vi at flukey.cc
Tue Nov 12 02:20:55 EST 2013

Great Story  :)

KM5VI

-----Original Message-----
From: Amps [mailto:amps-bounces at contesting.com] On Behalf Of Fuqua, Bill L
Sent: Monday, November 11, 2013 2:03 PM
To: jim at audiosystemsgroup.com; amps at contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] UHF Connectors

  Lots of knowledge has been lost over the past 60 or 70 years. It is
important to take time to see where we have been before determine where we
are going.
  I had a coworker that thought his grandfather was not so sharp some of the
times.
He was telling me about the UHF TV antenna he had on top of a steep hill,
the house was some distance way on the side of it. He thought that his
feedline instillation was rather stupid since he did not use coax but a
single insulated wire from the tower to the house.
  I asked him if there was a cone on the ends and he said yes. So I had him
google G-Line and he then realized how sharp he was after all.
  73
Bill wa4lav