[TowerTalk] Help identifying coax

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Tue Nov 12 07:28:10 EST 2013

It sounds like the Belden 9913 that I tried twenty some years ago. I was
never successful at keeping moisture out of it.

John KK9A

To:	 "Tower Talk" <towertalk at contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Help identifying coax
From:	 "Bob Good" <k4bg at planters.net>

I found a 52 ft roll of coax in my shop storage that I need help identifying.
I has a 12? gauge solid center conductor supported by a spiral support of
plastic within a hollow plastic tube shielded by foil covered by tinned braid
and a black jacket covering that.  No identifying marks on the jacket.  It is
about the diameter of RG-8 type.  It is quite stiff and P 259 fits.  I am not
familiar with the modern ‘low loss” types.  Thanks for any help.  Regards,
 Bob
K4BG