[TowerTalk] Best coaxial to make Chokes

Dan Hearn n5ardxcc at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 18:27:36 EST 2013

Hector here is the information you requested. The coax wound chokes are
self resonant in the measurements and in my opinion will be detuned by
attaching coax feed lines and proximity to the boom of an antenna. Also
they are not very good for multi band antennas. It is possible to make far
better multiband chokes using ferrite type 31. Lots of info on K9YC web
page. I have built and measured a number of them and they work great.
http://www.k1ttt.net/technote/airbalun.html

73, Dan, N5AR

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 3:14 PM, Herb Schoenbohm <herbs at vitelcom.net> wrote:

> Hector,  Go to the W8JI.com website where Tom has the detailed performance
> done on the various types of coax chokes and how the stack up with voltage
> and current baluns.
>
> 73
>

> Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ
>

> On 11/12/2013 7:02 PM, Hector Garcia,XE2K wrote:
>
>> Hi  TT
>>
>> I will like to know what is the best  coaxial cable to make coax chokes
>> and get the maximum impedance or
>> choking effect , I'm talking  from:
>> hard lines ,  double shield , LRM's,  RG-142,  RG-8, RG-213  using only
>> the COIL not ferrites or comparison  between them  or in what
>> bands works each one , if there is the information  tested and measured
>> with  lab equipment will like
>> to know.
>> Thank you in advance
>>   J.Hector Garcia  XE2K / AD6D