[TowerTalk] HF2V Elevated or On Ground

GARY HUBER glhuber at msn.com
Wed Nov 13 19:54:47 EST 2013

I've run several top loaded HF2Vs over two dozen 66 foot radials over water
bearing clay and septic leach field the past 27 years at my current QTH. I
chase DX on 160 - 80 - 40 and get good results (Wake Is. on 160 - 80 -40)
and good reports from locals who go on major DX-peditions when I work them
as well as when they return. Two dozen 33 foot radials would be a minimum
for a ground mount except under extreme conditions.

I've also used the HF6V elevated with excellent results on 80 and 40. then
ground mounted over the radial system mentioned above with similar results.

73 ES DX,
Gary -- AB9M