[TowerTalk] Tower Lift (with crane) with Antenna's Already Installed

Steve Maki lists at oakcom.org
Mon Nov 18 20:19:32 EST 2013

Rich,

I'd like to offer one slight modification to my aforementioned alternate
method, not because there's anything inherently wrong with hanging a
whole tower from a crane, I've done that many times. It's just that I
think there's a faster way.

It depends though on where your current top set of guys reside. If they
are just below your top section, than picture this:

1) Assemble the four new sections horizontally on the ground, complete
with a new set of (top) guys attached.

2) Lift off the top section WITH mast and antennas and place at a
predetermined ground location where it can quickly be stabilized by any
of a number of methods.

3) Lift the 40' of new tower into place, bolt on, pull out the already
attached new guys and attach to anchors.

4) Lift the top section with antennas back up to the top, and bolt on.

5) Done.

Well except for all of the niceties :-)

-Steve K8LX