[TowerTalk] Limited space for 80 and 50

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Wed Nov 20 07:18:52 EST 2013

Try feeding this dipole with coax, perhaps making a fan dipole for both
80m and 40M?

John KK9A

To:	 <TowerTalk at contesting.com>
Subject:	 [TowerTalk] Limited space for 80 and 50
From:	 "Jim in Waco wb5oxq" <wb5oxq_1 at grandecom.net>
Date:	 Tue, 19 Nov 2013 21:57:40 -0600

I have a full size 80 meter dipole at 60' in the center fed with 300 ohm
window
line to a good tuner with the balanced input.  I cannot use it on 80 or 40
meters even at levels of 25 watts or more because of interfearance to my
entertainment center despite snap on chokes on all input leads and every
speaker lead and a high end ac line filter.  Therefore if I want to
operate any
frequency below 14mhz I feel I must try a vertical in a side yard located
outside the shack.  The area is about 25X40 feet.  Radials can be put down in
that area  There is a 50' tower with a triband beam in one corner of that
area.
 No other metal is in that area.  The feedline length to the shack is about
20'.  There is no height restriction in this area.  I only need the
antenna for
75 and 40.  There is a 6' tall wood privacy fence around this area.  I would
hope that using a vertical in this area would fix the rfi problem since the
antenna would be a good 40' away from the entertainmant center where
 as the center of the dipole is directly above it.  Suggestions please.
WB5OXQ