[TowerTalk] 2 Meter Balun Question

Patrick Greenlee patrick_g at windstream.net
Thu Nov 21 16:17:51 EST 2013

I'm aware of all the things you mention and more. I think the light bulb
comment is unwarranted.  You will note although my info is anecdotal it
nevertheless represents over 20 years of hands on experience with successful
communications on both bands with the same setup mentioned.  I think a more
apropos remark would be along the lines of quacks like a duck waddles line a
duck etc. or irrespective of the opinions of certain aerodynamicists the
bumble bee flies.  My comments are not idle speculation fueled by a lack of
experience.  I used the set up extensively up and down the west coast with
great satisfaction.  Had I been overly worried about "convention" I may not
have tried but in trying I found a satisfactory long tern solid solution,
for my needs.  YMMV.

73,

Patrick AF5CK