[TowerTalk] Fwd: Wire grounding question

Hans Hammarquist hanslg at aol.com
Thu Nov 21 19:53:30 EST 2013

In my humble: You shall ground the shield in both the tower end and the shack end. You should NOT ground the pair anywhere but at the controller, that is; you should only connect the wire pair to the magnetic sensor in the rotor and keep that assembly away from everything else (electrically). The wire pair should be connected to "high" and "low" at the controller and only see ground through the controller circuit. That should give you the optimal shielding.

Hans - N2JFS