[TowerTalk] Crimp PL259

Roger (K8RI) on TT K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Sat Nov 23 00:34:08 EST 2013

On 11/22/2013 10:32 PM, Roger (K8RI) on TT wrote:
> On 11/22/2013 8:20 PM, Mike Reublin NF4L wrote:
>> When trying to crimp the sleeve over the braid/ferrule my crimper
>> doesn't close all the way if I position it against the body of the
>> connector. It can't compress the ferrule on the connector body. This
>> is the only place the braid is in contact with the body.
>>
>> Am I likely doing something wrong, or have the wrong tool? All the
>> tutorials I found that show a pic, show the tool right up against the
>> back of the body.

I should have asked. Are you using RG8/LMR-400 size coax, or 8X? The
connectors may be slightly different other than the size of the barrel
and crimp sleeve.

I'll try to find some to shoot photos of yet tonight. Making new
connections with only one working hand is, slow, difficult, and
frustrating.  It can take 20 minutes or more to make a connection I used
to do in two!<:-)) Hence trying to find some already done.

73

Roger (K8RI)