[TowerTalk] FW: Crank up questions.

Chris EZRhino at fastmovers.biz
Wed Nov 27 10:39:29 EST 2013

Due to the position of my tower being very close to my house, I had to build my own raising fixture.  It wasn't hard...two 8' 4x4 posts bolted together in an A frame, standing vertically behind the tower baseplate, and two more 16' 4x4's that bolt to the top of the A frame and go forward and down to the ground like big grasshopper legs.  A Fulton 2550 winch bolted to the A frame did the lifting duty.  The cable went up around a pulley, then down to the tower and back up (2:1).  It wasn't hard to lift (I used a long 1/2" ratchet as the handle to the winch), and was stable under load.  I'm keeping all the parts since that is the only way of getting it down!

Chris
KF7P