[TowerTalk] : 40 meter rotating dipole question

David Blake dhblake at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 2 12:45:48 EDT 2013

>From personal experience I have found the shortened
Mosley trap 40 meter elements effective.  I had the
Mosley TA40KR 40 meter add on kit on an old TA33
and worked over 200 DXCC on 40M with it at less than
50 feet.  I then moved from Virginia to Ohio and put up
a Mosley PRO67B and then worked over 320 DXCC on
40 meters with it.  I know Mosley has been beaten up

pretty bad on this reflector, but with mine I have Honor
Roll Mixed, Phone and CW and #1 Honor Roll.

BTW my PRO-67B was only at 50 feet.  It was designed
to work on 6 bands, and I managed over 300 countries on
all 6 bands.  On 40M I had a choice to set for the low end
of the band, center or top end.  I chose low end but still
had an SWR less than 2.0 to one up to about 7.230Mhz.

YRMV  73

Dave -N4DB-