[TowerTalk] Analysis of mast slippage in rotor

Stan Stockton wa5rtg at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 13:48:03 EDT 2013

I haven't tried this but would it work to have a flat steel plate about 1/2 inch thick with four holes on the back side of the rotator (where the U bolt normally goes) and then use straight bolts getting rid of the U bolts?

Seems if you drilled all the holes to accept 3/8 inch bolts you could tighten it to hold anything a Tailtwister brake was rated to handle.

Stan, K5GO

Sent from Stan's IPhone