[TowerTalk] can I sub a Hytower for a 40m vertical in a phased array?

n8de at thepoint.net n8de at thepoint.net
Tue Oct 8 22:24:43 EDT 2013

Should be no problem to replace one vertical with another, regardless
of 'shape'.  You might have to tweak the phasing to get it exactly the
same, as there is no guarantee that both verticals will have the same
feedpoint impedance.
As for using the Hy-Tower for 80m in the same arrangement ... you
might need to remotely disconnect the phasing to get a good match on
80m.

I am using a home-brew insulated tower for 80m and actually have two
up, but not yet phased.  Will be remotely switching the phasing when I
get the third one up.

73
Don
N8DE