[TowerTalk] Particle Swarm Optimization in ham products?

Rudy Bakalov r_bakalov at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 9 21:24:12 EDT 2013

I was wondering if there is a PSO optimization algorithm developed as an add-on to any of the ham antenna modeling programs--  EZNEC, 4NEC2, etc. I have been working on a very long 20m wire yagi that takes forever to optimize using the regular evolution engine for 4NEC2, even under the MP version of the NEC2 engine. I have come across quite a few articles suggesting that PSO is much faster than GA optimization algorithms.

73!, Rudy N2WQ