[TowerTalk] HG-70HD tower

Nick Pittner Goodsonrd at netwalk.com
Sun Oct 13 10:48:31 EDT 2013

TT Gang,

               I have a Hy-Gain 70' crank-up tower, (Model HG-70HD), new in '85.  The plan is to paint it with cold galvanizing paint and replace the cable.  Here's the problem.  There are welded stops at the bottom of each section, and there appear to be stops on the vertical side as well.  If that is the case, disassembly of the tower sections appears impossible.  How do you get access to the sections to paint them, short of spray-painting the nested tower?

               If any of you have dealt with this issue, please let me know.  Thanks in advance for your help.

Nick, K8NAP