[TowerTalk] Help Needed for my First Tower --Coax Grounding

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Tue Oct 15 09:18:26 EDT 2013

I use Andrew ground kits.  This makes a nice waterproof connection to the
Heliax and it is much nicer than trying to attach the corrugated shield to
the tower.

John KK9A

To:	towertalk at contesting.com
Subject:	 [TowerTalk] Help Needed for my First Tower --Coax Grounding
From:	 Wayne Willenberg <wewill747 at gmail.com>
Date:	 Tue, 15 Oct 2013 08:27:57 -0400

Hello.  I am making good progress on my new (and first) tower.

I am connecting my RF signals to the Yagis on my new tower using 7/8”
Andrew Heliax.  I would like to ground the top and bottom of the Heliax to
one of the galvanized legs of the tower.

I am concerned about putting 2 dissimilar metals together (i.e., the
corrugated shield of the Heliax and the galvanized steel leg of the tower).

What type of metal is used to make the outermost shield of Heliax?

And, do I need an intermediate metal (like stainless steel) between the
Heliax shield and the tower leg?

Thanks for your help.