[TowerTalk] Driving ground rods

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Wed Oct 16 12:20:11 EDT 2013

I have a Bosch demo hammer (largest hand held) for driving rods and used
for much concrete demo/drilling.  I made a rod driver from the shank of
a broken carbide drill by MIG welding on a sch 40 pipe sleeve.  It
wouldn't stay together however as the weld alloy can't handle the shock
and the tool steel doesn't take the weld.  Best to spend a few bucks for
the Bosch or Makita tool made for driving rods, probably S7 steel.  It
works fine for me.

Grant KZ1W