[TowerTalk] 80M Inverted V - CW and SSB

Earl Morse kz8e at wt.net
Mon Oct 21 15:32:43 EDT 2013

On 10/21/2013 2:50 AM, Doug Scribner wrote:
> I'd like to find a quick way to switch between the CW and Phone portions of the band.

Try the Coaxial Resonator Match (AI1H) dipole.  It has the double dip you are looking for and covers almost the entire 80M band.  It is essentially an electrically OCF dipole made with coaxial cable.  The coaxial cable makes up the antenna and open/shorted stubs.  The rest of the antenna is just wire and even though it is electrically OCF the physical feed point is in the center of the antenna.

I have been using one for over 10 years and it plays well.  It is in some of the handbooks/antenna books.  QST Apr 1989 and Antenna Compendium Vol 2.

Earl
N8SS