[TowerTalk] Broadband 75/80m Inverted Vee

Roger (K8RI) on TT K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Wed Oct 23 01:44:58 EDT 2013

On 10/22/2013 10:54 PM, john at kk9a.com wrote:
> I do not recall this article, I thought that he used phased dipoles after
> his beam kept breaking.  So is this similar to a fan dipole except the legs
> are equal length and the bandwidth comes from the 10' spacing at the ends?

Thought I'd add:
I use a center fed, fan dipole with 4' spreaders at the ends and equal
length wires. It gives a useable bandwidth of about 100 KHz IIRC. I've
been planning on adding a third wire using 6' spreaders and changing the
wire lengths by about a foot each. For example 33, 34, and 35 feet.
Those aren't the specific lengths I'll use.

  http://www.rogerhalstead.com/ham_files/AntennaFeed1.htm  Feed
  http://www.rogerhalstead.com/ham_files/AntennaSpreader1.htm current
spreader on the high end

73