[TowerTalk] [CQ-Contest] WW Committee feared that some of the non-assisted hotshots w...

Roger (K8RI) on TT K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Thu Oct 24 18:36:38 EDT 2013

On 10/24/2013 4:14 PM, Steve Dyer wrote:
> Because you run your *own* skimmer using your *own* antennas. You can
> completely disconnect the internet and it still works!
> 73,
> Steve
> W1SRD

I'm not into contests so I'm not familiar with much of this. I take it
that if you use a computer connected to the rig "for any reason" you end
up in a different class?  And what's a "skimmer?"

I do keep my log on a spread sheet though which doesn't prevent dupes.
Just makes them faster to find when you are done. Now that I only have
one hand working, the computer is slower than a pencil for logging, but
it's readable<:-)). I can hardly wait until I get the control of that
hand back so I can type again.

73

Roger (K8RI)

<snip>