[TowerTalk] Raising 25G with a helicopter

Roger (K8RI) on TT K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Fri Oct 25 10:41:56 EDT 2013

On 10/24/2013 10:23 PM, Jim W7RY wrote:
> My thoughts exactly Roger
> 73
> Jim W7RY

The first thing I noticed was all the concentration at the base of the
tower and no guys to stabilize it.

The pilot may have been proficient with "sling loads" ,but the ground
crew was not.  Even when climbing, the ground crew is very important.

They appeared to be oblivious to the danger they were in.  It was more
like watching a dangerous episode of the "Keystone cops" as they chased
the base around.

73,

Roger (K8RI)