[TowerTalk] Tower and antenna decisions

Cqtestk4xs at aol.com Cqtestk4xs at aol.com
Tue Oct 29 10:28:29 EDT 2013

During the WPX SSB in the early 2000s....

5/5/5/5 at 200 ft out of phase
KT34XA at 65 ft
A-3 at 40 ft

Around 2000Z on 20 meters....the A-3 kicked the crap out of the  other two
to the NE.  Higher is usually better, but not always, especially  in
domestic contacts.  Conventional wisdom says a tribander at 70 is the  best bang
for the buck...I agree.

K4XS

In a message dated 10/29/2013 1:38:38 P.M. Coordinated Universal Tim,