[TowerTalk] Ground level rotator mounting

Steve Maki lists at oakcom.org
Sat Sep 7 13:44:15 EDT 2013

I did exactly that, almost, around 1970.

HDBX-48 extended to 72'. 1.5" water pipe made out of threaded 10' pieces
and coupled with threaded couplers (spot welded). Short collars every
12' or so made from 2" pipe. Let all the weight sit on the rotator.

Worked fine except I felt the twist in 72' of common 1.5" pipe was
excessive with a 4L triband quad. If I did it again I'd use a larger
diameter mast.

-Steve K8LX