[TowerTalk] Ground Level Rotators

WA3GIN wa3gin at comcast.net
Sun Sep 8 13:08:30 EDT 2013

I used this method on the HDBX48 and its been up for over 30 years.... funny
thing is I've never had to work on the rotor (Tailtwister).  I use a thrust
bearing to keep the pipe weight off the rotor bearing although I'm sure they
would handle the weight.  I used allen screws to set the couplings.  Abt
12sqft of antenna on the mast. I ran a ground strap from the mast coupling,
just above the rotor, to ground.

73,
dave
wa3gin