[TowerTalk] Force 12 hardware and aluminum treatment for corrosion resistance

Jim and Hannelore Fisher jwfisher at alumni.princeton.edu
Tue Sep 10 08:36:46 EDT 2013

I live in a salt-air environment and have replaced just about all U-bolts and other such hardware with stainless steel. Be sure to coat bolts with an appropriate compound before installing nuts--if you are not familiar with this, ask your SS supplier.

Also, per advice from F12 many years ago, I assembled elements and then painted them with XIM400, which has protected them nicely. At some points, I have had over 50 F12 elements up at the edge of a cliff with saltwater to the horizon and little fluffy balls of salty foam flying up and over.

73,

Jim, VE1JF