[TowerTalk] Green Heron + Alpa Spid, suddenly 30 degrees off

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Tue Sep 17 07:18:41 EDT 2013

I am not sure what type of sensor the Alpa Spid uses. I recently had a
potentiometer in a TIC ring get very tight and all of a sudden that
antenna was not pointing where the controller said it was. If the Alpa
Spid uses a pot, do you have another controller that you can try? With the
Green Heron controller, it is possible to accidentally change the offset
or direction reading (if using a reed switch). If this is a common problem
for you, I believe that you can lock the menu.

John KK9A