[TowerTalk] Example Faraday Cage for Lightning

Larry Loen lwloen at gmail.com
Sat Sep 28 08:09:38 EDT 2013

Jim, what's going on in that first picture and the video "next" to it?

It looks like a comely young woman, dressed as a magician's assistant, is
taking the entire "lightning" discharge through her finger.  I presume this
is some sort of trick?  Why does her finger (presumably, carefully placed
in the "inside" of the cage) attract most of the bolts (N.B. there's a
short You Tube video just after the picture in Jim's first link)?

Larry WO7R