[TowerTalk] Fulton 2500 winch single or dual speed?

Jon Pearl - W4ABC jonpearl at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Apr 3 11:51:22 EDT 2014

Hi Gerald,

Have you given any consideration to a worm gear drive?

Dutton-Lainson lists several conventional 'brake' style hand winches on
their site but they also offer several worm gear styles.

WG2000: http://www.dutton-lainson.com/proddetail.php?prod=11001

with mating handle that can be removed easily without tools. Also allows
the winch to be operated with a power drill hooked directly to the drive
shaft."

Specs and Model Comparison (WG2000 in middle of list):
http://www.dutton-lainson.com/wgspecs.php

Hex Drive Worm Gear Video: http://www.dutton-lainson.com/LUYqVE1R2KA.php
Two Speed Winch Video: http://www.dutton-lainson.com/Jo3Zgfxuxk8.php

I'm impressed that their products carry a warranty; are made in America;
they offer specs and they actually list repair parts.

73,

Jon Pearl - W4ABC
www.w4abc.com