[TowerTalk] TIC Potentiometer

Scott Bullock scottb at radios-online.com
Fri Apr 4 09:17:55 EDT 2014

Yea it's a shame a multi thousand dollar piece of equipment is rendered useless by just a drop of water. Some people have never had a problem like this. Some like us up here have helped keep vishay in business lol. Seems to happen less in dry environments like out west etc.

I've spent thousands of hours thinking abt these problems. It's crazy. Always a stupid little thing that causes them to fail.

Had thought abt putting silicone on the shaft also and may work, in my case I never thought there would be enough heat inside the Bellhousing to dry that washer out. Was happy to see we got a few seasons out of that mod. Have seen pots go bad on brand new rotors less than 2 weeks old. Any of these that has the shaft pointing up this is more susceptible to happen to. No drain for water to get out...
Scott
N1CX

Salty's
www.radios-online.com