[TowerTalk] TIC Potentiomenter

Fred Sanborn cc-6569 at comcast.net
Sat Apr 5 22:48:19 EDT 2014

John,
     The Alfa SPID rotor has several magnets mounted on a large gear
that is driven by a smaller gear on the motor shaft.  Each magnet swipes
the reed switch mounted on a nearby bracket giving multiple pulses per
revolution of the larger gear.  My SPID gives one pulse per degree of
rotation while some give 2 pulses per degree according to the RT-21
manual.  The TIC motor / direction assy I have is very similar and that
is what I had envisioned to try and implement.  I would need to know how
many ring rotor degrees there are per revolution of the larger gear that
drives the pot.

     73,  Fred  KG9X