[TowerTalk] Vertical LW vs. Vertical

Tom Osborne w7why at frontier.com
Thu Apr 10 20:30:16 EDT 2014

HI All

Is there a lot of difference between a vertical long wire antenna and a
regular vertical GP?

Last year when camping I used a 65 foot piece of wire up into a tree,
hooked directly to the output of my tuner.  I had one long counterpoise
and the tuner connected to a ground that I drove INTO the ground..  It
seemed to work pretty well on all the bands.

Not having any modeling software here, what I was interested in is if
the vertical LW works different than a vertical GP.

Weather's getting nice and getting the itch to get in the camper and do
some camping!  73
Tom W7WHY