[TowerTalk] Grounding System Question

Tony dxdx at optonline.net
Mon Apr 14 20:48:11 EDT 2014

All:

My crank-up tower is located a few feet from the house and each leg is
attached to a ground rod that's about a foot or so away from the
foundation.

I'd like to add 3 more rods in a radial pattern to help "divert" a
potential lightning strike away from the house. The grounds can't be
positioned 360 degrees around the tower due to it's close proximity to
the house so I'm not sure how critical that is.

Any suggestions on this subject as well as rod spacing and copper strap
size would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tony