[TowerTalk] Grounding System Question

Tony dxdx at optonline.net
Tue Apr 15 21:46:47 EDT 2014

Jim:

> The position of the rods isn't  going to make a lot of difference in
 > how the current flows with respect to the house.

So the tower doesn't necessarily have to be concentric with the ground
rods circling the tower?

> Is your tower on a foundation,  or planted on the bare dirt?

The crank up tower It's anchored to a concrete foundation that's about 7
feet deep. The existing ground rods are about a foot away from the edge
of the foundation.

> You can use strap if you find  it mechanically convenient, but from a
 > lightning impulse standpoint, round wire works just fine.

I'm glad to hear that because I already have some #2 solid and tinned
copper wire.

Thanks Jim.

Tony