[TowerTalk] Keeping antennas straight

ve4xt at mymts.net ve4xt at mymts.net
Sat Apr 19 13:24:39 EDT 2014

What about pinning antennas to mast (so they remain aligned to one another), NOT pinning mast to rotator (so a really bad wind doesn't destroy your rotator) and using a rotator without physical stops in the rotation?

I know the Spid doesn't use physical stops, are there others?

With the Spid, calibrating rotator to antennas, no matter how far out of shape, is an entirely electronic experience from inside the shack.

Doesn't help if you don't want to change rotators.

Is there some aspect I'm missing?

73, Kelly
ve4xt

Sent from my iPad